Monday 20 November 2006

Another Year Older

My birthday has passed once again and I am officially 37. How depressing. I received some lovely pressies though – a black cashmere cardy, a black blouse, a cd (jamiraquai), some perfume (Sunflowers), bras and pants (desperately needed – mine are on the point of embarrassment), and a lindt chocolate reindeer (completely random as I don’t eat chocolate).

I spent all day catching up on washing and drying, I cooked the dinner (Partner can’t cook) and I even washed the pots after it. So it was as un-birthday like as it could possibly be – just what I wanted!

It’s my Dad’s birthday today and his card and pressy will be late. I was all set to get them in the first class before 12 on Saturday, but the tit that I am, I realised I don’t have their new address. I didn’t even think about the fact they’d moved – not surprising I suppose as they lived in the other place for about 35 years.

________________________________________________

I mentioned the number of bereavements at work – well I came in this morning to ANOTHER request for sympathy flowers. A girl’s mum has passed away with cancer over the weekend. I’ll get the job ads on the way home!

________________________________________________

I seem to spend an awful lot of time washing rubbish since they introduced twin-bin recycling. All the recyclables have to be washed. I can’t get away with putting them in the normal rubbish as they have given us a ridiculously small normal rubbish bin – it’s a struggle to fit it in and they only empty it every 2 weeks. I wonder if they actually do recycle it though. I know the government set targets for councils to introduce recycling, but isn’t it possible that they make it look like they do it but actually dump it in the landfill? If they do recycle it must be a shit job for the person who has to sort it - yuk

_________________________________________________

Why did I do it? I volunteered to be secretary for The Son’s after school club. There was a hint that the club may have to shut as the places on the committee have to be filled to comply to ‘club’ rules. So schmucko here volunteered. I have my first meeting at eight tomorrow – official Holby City time – BUGGER!

2 comments:

Sniffy said...

How much water and energy is wasted by washing out things before they can be recycled? Surely if you're using energy to wash the things as well as recycle them, it might not be as worthwhile they claim. The councils aren't helping encourage recycling by making it overly difficult and confusing. One of the norfolk councils issues a yellow card if you put shredded paper in the recycling. Cunts.

Birthdays are OK, I don't mind getting old. You can probably find my address if you want to donate that chocolate reindeer.

itsmyparty said...

Not just the additional water and energy - there is additional detergent. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to wash a Fray Bentos pie tin out!

Our bin men look in your recycle bin to see if it looks kosher