Thursday 16 November 2006

Sucker

I made the mistake of watching How Clean Is Your House – it coincided with the pizza I had for dinner. I have a strange reaction to food and unfortunately the disgusting state of her kitchen caused me to gag so my pizza had to be abandoned. How do people’s houses get into such a state? Don’t get me wrong – I’m no housework freak – I get away with as much as possible but this leads to a general untidiness not a rat infested hellhole crawling with dangerous germikins.

This was followed by ‘Your Money or Your Wife?’ (hosted by bizarrely named ‘Cheserina’- WTF?) which in actual fact this week featured a gay couple. I actually went bankrupt a few years ago so I have no sympathy with people running up thousands of pounds on tens of credit cards because my situation was out of my control. When I left my husband (middle of the night with a binbag and a baby – long story – I’ll save it) he stopped working and paying the mortgage so the house was repossessed and auctioned with a loss of £27,000. He wasn’t working (lazy twat) so they came after ME for the shortfall. Yes little ole me. Now Single Mum With Baby and Living In A Council House With No Spare Money. I did pay some off for a while but after my move to my 250 miles away new home I couldn’t afford it so I filed for bankruptcy. It wasn’t a pleasant experience but it had to be done. Now I am a strictly cash girl – I don’t even have a switch card. If I can’t pay for it I don’t buy it (either that or ask The Partner to pay).

Then I watched upsetting ‘My New Face’. This should make you grateful for the NHS. They followed a number of kids from poorer countries that had been born with severe facial disfigurements. One little boy was regularly STONED by people in his village because he had a growth on one side of his face. Some British surgeons had gone out there to try to help these kids by bringing them to England for surgery – at their own expense I think. One boy commented that the people in England didn’t stare as much as people from his native land. How so? We rarely see any kind of facial disfigurements as bad as those shown – surely we would be more likely to stare. It just goes to show you what a tolerant society we have compared to others. It made me grateful for what we have in this fine land. We may bewail the NHS but kids born in this country would not be left untreated in the same circumstances.

I’ve taped I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here (hereonin IACGMOOH) for my delectation later.

I’m a f’kin’ sucker for punishment me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I volunteered to wash up for a girlfriend after she had made coffee.

There were 17 - seventeen! - teaspoons in the sink. I was lost for words. Sadly.

Sniffy said...

Car crash TV - brilliant. I do prefer car crash internet though, hence the blogging.

Teaspoons. God. Were they brown too?

Talking of credit and the ridiculous amounts you can get. I received a new Egg card to replace the one that had gone out of date. I never use it and the balance is (should be) zero. But I checked the card and the credit limit is £6,500. What a stupid and irresponsible amount of credit to give somebody who is addicted to gadgets! It's getting cut up tomorrow.

itsmyparty said...

gary james - Hi. 17 teaspoons - that's truly disgusting. I bet she wore her knickers for days as well?

Hi Sniffy. What's worse with those limits is that as soon as you get near the limit they raise it even higher. With the recent rise in interest rates and further rises predicted somne people are going to be in a LOT of shit.