Friday 24 November 2006

TFI Friday

Well the After School Club Meeting went ok. I borrowed a big thermos coffee urn from work so I only had to make one batch and let them help themselves. I made a garlic bread but the buggers didn’t eat it. I bought 2 bottles of wine which went down well – unfortunately I now know that drinking wine and taking minutes aren’t a good combination. When I looked at my notes on Wednesday I thought ‘what the fuck?!’ I had to dredge my memory to string the minutes together.

I am so looking forward to the weekend, even though I will spend it doing housework. I have a couple of new books so hopefully will squash some reading in as well.

I have just finished reading ‘The Lieutenant’s Lover’. I thought this sounded a bit sloshy when I bought it but it was actually really good. It’s set in second world war Russia and Germany and tells the story of a well-to-do chap (known as bourgeois) and a girl from a poor background. It’s an interesting love story but also has a lot of references to the politics of the war and things that happened when Germany was divided after the war ended. I am interested in war and history so I really did enjoy it and probably learned something too. Yes I would recommend and I am happy to post it to you – email me at itsmyparty-partyAThotmailDOTcom.

I taped Holby on Tuesday but still haven’t had chance to watch it so that’s something to look forward to.

I’m a bit peeved at The Partner today because he used the last of the milk this morning and then blamed ME because I hadn’t bought any yesterday. WHAT is that about? Why should I buy the milk? He actually had a fuck-off bowl of porridge last night – why did it not occur to him to mention the milk was low? I have to drink milk in the morning – I crave it. In a petty revenge I took his cigarette papers when I went out. He is working from home today so he’ll have to go to the shop for more if he wants a fag.

I have given up on IACGMOOH. I did see a clip that showed one of them drinking a witchetty grub smoothy. It made me heave so I’m going to avoid it. I have mentioned before that I have a queasy stomach. The slightest thing can make me start heaving. A few weeks ago a slug got squashed on my dining room carpet and I knew it would make me heave so I got my son to clear up for me. I shut the doors and tried to turn my mind off but even though he did it I still heaved and actually ended up throwing up! It’s not surprising I stay so slim!

No comments: